Thursday, April 24, 2008

our last week





This last is our last week and I’m kinda sad to be going. This weekend was good.
On Saturday in the morning we went to help Claire with her washing... there was a ton of cloths, glad that we were there to help and I enjoyed it. We went back to the house for lunch and grabbed a few more things to take to the suubi building were we painted with 17 kids. Dillon and I made some canvases that they used and we went and got some paint from town. I had a lot of fun with them. So we have 17 rather cool painting’s coming back with us.

Sunday we went to suubi. Not to buy, but to give out clasp’s and beans to the ladies. After Dillon and I sat down and talked with Margaret and Catharine about life before suubi and up in the north and how suubi helps them. love talking to them about their lives. I think that the ones that I will miss the most will be Santa, Christine, Daisy and Gertrude. Santa and Christine make me laugh, they have the best humour….

Tuesday we went and took another Gertrude to the hospital early in the morning. She stepped on a nail a few weeks ago and it got infected. We waited with her for a bit then headed back to the house. We went to see her and the foot is doing better.

We have had some visitors (Jose, Caleb and Alex) from Sudan, they volunteer at an orphanage up there. They had come here to bungee jump and raft. We had some very interesting conversations about the Bible and peoples different beliefs. They are very sweet people. I enjoyed our conservations. I also think I that Dillon like the fact that he was not the only guy in a house full of girls. They left today, was nice to have more people come into the house for a bit and hear about what they have been doing and how things have effected them (in an bad or good way)

The last week I have been felling slightly physically and mentally tired though it seems like we have not been doing anything really that hard. I feel like this has made me to really appreciate being here like I should. Yes we have had some wonderful times here and I hope that we captured in a way that you all can see the beauty of the people and the land over here…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are coming home? Hope you got some nice pictures. Looking forward to seeing them

Anonymous said...

Will be good to have you home. Want to hear everything.
XOXO